Styromelt, is a sustainable expanded polystyrene (EPS) recovery innovation.
How Styromelt could help your organisation;
- Styromelt recycles and recovers single use disposable plastic polystyrene packaging and storage boxes. Items such as fish and meat warehouse boxes as well as TV and fridge type packaging.
- Styromelt reduces the volume of polystyrene (EPS) by up to 90%, using controlled patented thermal technology to melt the EPS into a solid block of polystyrene plastic.
- The solid polystyrene blocks can be re-introduced into the UK or Global plastic supply chain for use in plastic manufacturing of new components, such as coat hangers or picture frames.
- Styromelt operates on a 3 phase electrical supply, is manually hand fed, has no moving parts and is a one “push button” start operation.
- Styromelt is a clean process, no white ‘Snowstorm’ bead mess commonly associated with continuous manual feeding of hydraulic polystyrene compactors.
- Styromelt is constructed from stainless steel and can work indoors or out.
- Styromelt does need to vent to atmosphere.
- Styromelt can process approx 20kg of loose EPS/polystyrene per cycle. Each cycle takes circa 1hr and 30 minutes.
Styromelt improves Environmental Credentials;
- Styromelt enhances reductions in transportation by maximising payloads and reducing vehicle movements which in turn improves sustainability and reduces carbon footprint.
Please get in touch here to find out more.